Hereditary Cancer Symposium for Health Care Providers
Welcome Health Care Providers
The Clinical Cancer Genetics Program at MD Anderson Cancer Center is providing a Hereditary Cancer Health Care Symposium for Providers. Please see
conference location and date below:
April 21st, 2018
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dan L. Duncan Building (CBB)
1155 Pressler St., 8th floor (Q elevator)
Houston, Texas 77030
Conf. ID #: D120155
CME's will be provided, 6.00 CME AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ (of which 0.25 are in the area of medical ethics)
The purpose of this one day symposium is to prepare healthcare providers to:
Conference brochure, date and other information can also be found on the main MD Anderson website,
Hereditary Cancer Symposium for Health Care Providers.
- Integrate genetic testing advances into clinical practice
- Recognize patterns consistent with hereditary predispositions to cancer
- Choose appropriate genetic testing for each patient
- Determine which patients would benefit from seeing a genetic counselor
- Make medical management decisions tailored to genetic test results and/or family history
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness and/or scheduling conflicts, conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity.
General information including conference agenda and brochure are available for download: